pumpkin full of hate

Saturday, January 13, 2007

a quick word about the blogroll

Despite near crippling laziness, I've finally gotten it together enough to add a blogroll, which the intrepid reader will notice on the right side of the page. All the blogs I've included are ones I, myself, enjoy reading, which I held as the first and most important criteria in determining inclusion. These blogs cover a variety of subjects, from music and art, to DIY crafts and veterinarian culture, with the only common denominator being the search for ways of living beyond the conventional mode. The only subject I didn't include was cinema, partly because those belong at Blue Monk, but mainly because most of the sites I've found are less interested in serious discussion of film, and more fixated on the gossip surrounding celebrities.

Except for the couple of personal friends included, I've not contacted any of the site authors to inform them of the linking. These are all blogs written by very nice, intelligent people, and they don't deserve to be associated with my grim little freakshow. Earlier this week I wrote an e-mail to an acquaintance to ask if she would be interested in swapping links. At first she seemed receptive, but I think she then visited my site, her subsequent silence most likely stunned horror at the discovery that I don't write like the socially awkward, stammering schlub that I am in real life.

Anyway...I will continue to add new blogs and journals as I discover them. I will also try to keep up and remove any that have been dormant for a long time, or have devolved into unreadable blather. Of course, if you happen to have a blog, please feel free to leave a comment or send me an e-mail with your URL.

2 Comments:

At January 13, 2007 12:48 PM, Blogger tara d. said...

thanks for adding me! that was nice. i just saw that you had linked up. hope to hear from you!

 
At January 17, 2007 11:53 PM, Blogger Jason M Cutler said...

Sorry it took a bit to respond...no problem as far as linking; I enjoy the site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home